Subject: Re: Other GCC issues
To: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/16/2001 09:16:00
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Lucio De Re wrote:

: I have no other equipment than Intel, but I've been rather pleased
: with the result.  I can generate production code for MS-Dos and
: the AVR (the latter untested, but with a healthy degree of confidence)
: using the very latest GNU (redhat, I suppose) snapshots.
:
: I had absolutely no joy trying that for native use :-(  Now, I did
: expect problems, but not so serious.

I'm in the middle of merging the NetBSD-specific changes back to the GNU
toolchain.  Since that's not done yet, you won't get completely useful tools
from the gcc-current and binutils-current trees.

We're ~weeks away from the rest of the integration of NetBSD support to the
FSF distributions of gcc and binutils.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/