Subject: Re: vipw creating homes
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/06/2001 15:51:18
>I've added a -h flag to my local vipw. vipw -h creates home directories
>for all users that do not have a home.=20

Sorry but this strikes me as a bad idea.  Better to do this in a tool
that might use vipw or useradd.  My adduser script will create and
populate home dirs if desired, but there's a big difference b/w
"add this user and create a home for him" and "create any missing
homes".  The later would likely cause more problems than it solves, and
to make it do otherwise would require considerable extra code in