Subject: vipw creating homes
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/06/2001 22:27:09
Hi!

I've added a -h flag to my local vipw. vipw -h creates home directories
for all users that do not have a home.=20

What is your opinion about committing this change? There is one
drawback: we should not use /nonexistent home directories in
/etc/passwd, because vipw -h would create /nonexistent

For now, I just create the directories, and give them away to their
owners. I think about also copying the files from /usr/share/skel, and
for this, I would need to define a _PATH_SKEL in paths.h. Any problem
here?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000
D=E9sormais, les OS portent la date de peremption dans leurs noms.
p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr