Subject: Re: ^T for fsck
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/04/2001 13:26:49
> [P]lease be very careful about introducing siginfo to programs.  It
> can interfere with the operation of the program, because system calls
> (such as write) can be interrupted by it.

Perhaps we need a flag bit, SA_NOINTR maybe, that specifies that the
signal is not to interrupt a syscall in progress?

I'm not sure how this could be made to interact well with syscalls such
as wait and sigpause that are *designed* to be interrupted by signals,
but something like it looks appropriate for things like fsck and dd.

					der Mouse