Subject: Re: /dev/stdout wierdness
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/01/2001 21:29:03
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > Also one cosmetic - sys_fhopen() should call VOP_OPEN() _before_
> > it checks O_TRUNC.
>
> Why? sys_fhopen follows the exact same procedure as vn_open(), just w/o
> the namei() calls & setup.
>
> If we change vn_open(), then yes we should also change sys_fhopen(). But I
> thought the discussion was talking about the fdesc filesystem instead. :-)

I think that the right fix to the problem is if fdesc would remove
the O_TRUNC flag. For this to work properly, VOP_OPEN() has to be called
before anything depending on O_TRUNC being set is executed.

Yeah, this means vn_open() needs to be changed too :)

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, dammit!  @@@@