Subject: Re: Definition of va_list
To: None <,>
From: None <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/18/2001 00:12:48
	Newer GCCs has 'va_list' as a built-in type, which conflicts with our
	standard headers for most platforms. i386 has solved this by doing

	#if __GNUC_PREREQ__(2, 96)
	#define _BSD_VA_LIST_           __builtin_va_list /* GCC built-in type */
	#define _BSD_VA_LIST_           char *          /* va_list */

	in ansi.h, and similar changes where appropriate in the other header

	Does anyone object to me doing the same in the other ports?

sparc64 uses a different compiler, so you need to test this
on sparc64 (or at least a sparc64 cross-compiler) before
making the change there.