Subject: Re: libpcap - not MI?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/07/2001 15:57:40
> I think that Itojun had imported the 0.5.x libpcap from tcpdump.org
> into NetBSD 1.5, which does fix this by standardizing on two 32-bit
> values rather than a struct timeval.

Ah.  Good.

> A future rev of libpcap format will likely include support for 64-bit
> time.  It may be that ethereal's reader can convert your files.

Oh, converting the files was no problem, once I saw what was going on.
I've already written a program which converts pcap dump files to
"native" word size, based on the struct timeval format (and native
endianness, while I was at it).  Of course, it'll be unnecessary once I
fix up libpcap...but it was a simple quick hack to render the file
readable in the meantime. :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca