Subject: Re: whois default host
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/30/2001 17:11:46
[ On Tuesday, January 30, 2001 at 11:17:10 (+0100), Ignatios Souvatzis wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: whois default host
> Of course. This is different for, say, a proxy whois server per LAN.

Of course!  :-)

> Hm... there we are again... I guess that getenv("WHOISSERVER") is a
> good idea in any case.

It probably won't hurt....

> If we really do a client with built-in knowledge, we'll need some
> external representation of the knowledge database so that it can be
> updated without recompiling.

Indeed -- this is something I've been hoping to convince the author of
the whois client I mentioned (though as yet I've not even initiated
direct communcations with him).

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>