Subject: Re: whois default host
To: Johan Danielsson <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/28/2001 02:29:18
[ On , January 27, 2001 at 23:39:19 ( +0100), Johan Danielsson wrote: ]
> Subject: whois default host
> Does this look ok to anyone?

That might be helpful, but a better idea would be to replace whois with
a much smarter version, such as this one:

Marco's version suffers from having hard-coded tables (and needing perl
to build them during the compile!) to drive its smarts, but I think that
could be fixed without very much effort (I just haven't found the need
to do the work yet, or I would have!  He's always one step ahead of me
in updating the tables anyway.  :-)

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>