Subject: Re: audit of syslog(3) usage...
To: Greywolf <>
From: Luke Mewburn <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/22/2001 12:47:46
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 05:38:09PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
> [__progname isn't as portable...]
> where?  It's not machine/arch dependent, and I don't exactly
> see us porting this stuff to, e.g., Solamis.

You might not; other people do. See Chris Demetriou's posts in the
archives in recent months about why __progname should go.

> And what was the thing about deprecating LOG_ODELAY?  I don't think
> I'd mind, considering I never understood what it was trying to accomplish
> in the first place.

It is effectively deprecated already, and openlog() ignores it.

I haven't removed it from stuff in dist/* and */dist/* because it
doesn't matter too much.

Luke Mewburn  <>
Luke Mewburn     <>
Wasabi Systems - providing NetBSD sales, support and service.