Subject: Re: isprint() and isblank()
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net, soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/21/2001 16:22:43
> 	i meant,
> 	- stop using in ctype.h, use functions.  by doing so we can
> 	  avoid hardcoding table internals into compiled binary.

If _ctype_[] and __CurrentRuneLocale.__runetype[] return same result,
why should we have to make isXXXXX() functions slow?
(we have to keep _ctype_[] anyway, as far as we don't change major
 number of libc.)

> 	- in isprint() and other *functions*, refer
> 	  __CurrentRuneLocale.__runetype[].

This is fine, but probably isn't worth doing.
Because we may change implementation of __runetype[] in future
(because it is not refered from header file, we can change it),
but we never change the implementation of _ctype_[]
(we cannot change it).
--
soda