Subject: libexec/rmail/rmail.c err()...
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/11/2001 14:48:03
so i notice that on 10/10 or thereabouts, libexec/rmail/rmail.c was
changed by is (with a patch apparently by sommerfeld) to add a
'printf' attribute to its local definition of err().

looking at its version of err(), it looks like it should have
identical behaviour to normal libc err().

A comment says:

 * The err(3) routine is included here deliberately to make this code
 * a bit more portable.

However, that comment dates back to 1993, and it's not clear to me why
we should do that for this one specific program when we haven't
approximately anywhere else in our source tree.

I'm thinking that that local err() should be nuked.  Any objections?

chris