Subject: Re: gmt offset
To: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/09/2001 15:36:53
>> is there a standardized way to determine one's offset from gmt for a
>> given timezone?  or do i have to do it this way?
>
>I've seen code similar to yours used. Although UNIX98 defines timezone.
>I've opened a PR related to this: standards/11807.
>
>http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=11807

unix98's timezone seems infinitely more usable than the current
timezone() implementation, given that timezone() can find multiple
answers.  unix98 seems to be the answer to my question, although i
can't say i like the idea of the implementation as an "extern long
int".  hmm...research shows that struct tm contains what i'm looking
for, but perl doesn't.  *ARGH* thpt.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|