Subject: RE: sushi mysteries
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/09/2001 00:43:54
On 09-Jan-01 Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
>         i got multiple questions about /usr/sbin/sushi.  if i'm mitsaken,
>         please let me know...
>
>         - "exec pkg_info" screen goes away too quickly.
>           (under "Software Installation and Maintenance", "List Installed
>           Packages")

Hrmm.. I just tried it, and recieved that problem..  Perhaps I broke something
somewhere.. it wasn't doing that yesterday.  I'll look into that..

>         - if I tap some key that is not F3 (like F1/F2), sushi terminates.
>           xterm/kterm/wscons emits \033[12~ on F2.  maybe \033 is recognized
>           as single escape character.

Yeah.. I think there is a problem with the cdk -> curses interface on some
terminal emulations..  It's treating function keys as escape keys.  Brett Lymn
suggested I fiddle with the curses timeout() function to get function keys
recognized.  Upping it from 100 to 150 solved a problem where PgUp and PgDn
were getting interpreted by the form widgets as wierd keystrokes.

>         - if i go into shell with F9, it will invoke /bin/sh, not my shell
>           registered onto /etc/passwd (/bin/csh).

hrmm.. thats easy to fix.

>         - after F9, if I exit from /bin/sh, sushi itself terminates.

This is confusing.. I'll look at that too.

>         - cursor appears in random places on the screen.  maybe it is better
>           to make cursor invisible with curs_set(0).

Yeah..  perhaps we should.. It seems that the CDK port to curses isn't quite as
refined with cursor motion as the orignal ncurses version was.  I'm not sure
why that is.

>         i believe i got the latest libcdk, sushi and sushi menu files
>         under share/sushi.

Obviously there are some bugs here, but I appreciate your efforts to make them
known to me.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
NetBSD supported hardware database: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi