Subject: uucp [was: Re: Removing cvs from basesrc.]
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/11/2000 02:21:39
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Todd Vierling wrote:
> : If we're going to remote ANYTHING from basesrc, it probably ought to be
> : RCS -- CVS no longer requires it, and most people use CVS for version
> : controlling these days.
>
> I agree on RCS as well, and have proposed it before, meeting the response of
> "well, we don't have a pkgized base system, so buzz off."  However,
> technical arguments like these certainly weigh better.

While we're here, I may want to note that I've extracted all the
differences between the last release of UUCP and our in-tree version, and
have them in some sort of package (not perfect WRT config files etc., but
a start). If someone wants to move UUCP to a package, let me know.

 - Hubert

P.S.: Does ANYONE use UUCP today? Seriously?

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>