Subject: Re: Removing cvs from basesrc.
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2000 11:24:02
>: If we're going to remote ANYTHING from basesrc, it probably ought to be
>: RCS -- CVS no longer requires it, and most people use CVS for version
>: controlling these days.
>I agree on RCS as well, and have proposed it before, meeting the response of
>"well, we don't have a pkgized base system, so buzz off."  However,
>technical arguments like these certainly weigh better.

there are probably lots of things that meet this description.  all the
games, for example.

fwiw, i use rcs all the time, and cvs almost never, hence, i am
opposed to the idea of removing rcs from basesrc.  when working in a
small group, rcs is fine.  removing both source code revision control
systems from basesrc would be bad.

i guess i wouldn't mind so much if someone wrote wrapper scripts for
cvs that emulated the rcs commands.  :)