Subject: Re: Removing cvs from basesrc.
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Jason R Thorpe <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2000 08:09:20
On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 10:51:54AM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:

 > Known response.  I don't see the reason for it to be in basesrc based on
 > this statement.  `Just use pkg_add on a binary....' CVS just isn't the kind
 > of moving target that, say, NetBSD-current sources are, so all it really
 > does is add yet more time to a build.

BZZT.  You can't pkg_add the binary if there isn't a binary package
available.  There are often times where this is the case.

If we're going to remote ANYTHING from basesrc, it probably ought to be
RCS -- CVS no longer requires it, and most people use CVS for version
controlling these days.

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <>