Subject: Re: Removing cvs from basesrc.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2000 10:51:54
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

: > This message hereby opens discussion on this topic.
:
: I think it was in basesrc because anoncvs is now one way to get sources ?

Known response.  I don't see the reason for it to be in basesrc based on
this statement.  `Just use pkg_add on a binary....' CVS just isn't the kind
of moving target that, say, NetBSD-current sources are, so all it really
does is add yet more time to a build.

: If we move cvs to pkgsrc, maybe we should move sup as well ?

Known response.  Sup isn't well-maintained externally, and we've done
modifications on it since its last (very old) third-party release, so it
does have good reason to be under basesrc's revision control.  However, were
a third party to take up sup and keep it well maintained external to NetBSD,
I would agree here too.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/