Subject: Re: BSDSRCDIR, was Re: mount*(8) linked as one binary ?
To: <>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/27/2000 10:02:57
>On 28 Oct 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
>> Frederick Bruckman <> writes:
>> > That begs the question of where the top of the build tree _is_, so
>> > you're asking to set BSDSRCDIR, or equivalent, in every Makefile in
>> > the tree.
>> Or in the files, yes.  This is what a
>> relative-TOPDIR-like scheme is about.

>I see! It looks like someone's started to do this already -- see the
>top-level At this time, seems to be

That would probably be me ;-)
With some of the changes I made to make and you can set
where ABSTOP is the top of your src tree, and OBJTOP is the top of your
object tree, and you'll get a neat obj tree that parallels your src.

The current tree buils without needing's in all the subdirs
of src - but for other reasons I've found it worth adding them.