Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: Izumi Tsutsui <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/26/2000 18:24:42
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> How about the attached diff? I believe it's simple and common way.
> BTW, I think we should also handle this on making termcap.db etc.
> IMHO, it is better to prepare a common variable in
> pwd_mkdb and cap_mkdb have different options.

At least for termcap.db, the byte order doesn't matter.  Sure it might
be slower (by a _small_ amount) if your are running on the other
endianness, but it _does_ work.  This isn't the case with pwd.db.

> [ diff deleted ]

We should be working to minimise the places where we need to add/change
info for new ports/architectures.

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service: