Subject: Re: colors on wscons
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/10/2000 03:25:36
On Apr 1,  2:00am, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
} On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 07:56:56PM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
} > On Jan 16,  8:26am, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
} > }
} > } I've played a bit more, and found out that back on the wscons, setting
} > } TERM to 'ansi' does a lot of good there, too. IIRC the VT220 was capable
} > } of doing color - is there a good reason we don't tell in our termcap
} > } entry to do so?
} >
} >      I don't recall if anybody has actually answered this, but a
} > genuine VT220 is not capable of colour.  You need a minimum of a VT340
} > for colour.
}
} I guess there is some demand for a vt340 emulation, then.

     I have limited interest in the colour.  But, I would like the status
line that would be provided by a VT340 emulation.  I use it for the
sysline program.

}-- End of excerpt from Ignatios Souvatzis