Subject: Re: mount*(8) linked as one binary ?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/29/2000 14:50:54
--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 05:23:32PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> > In particular, the flaw is that it's yet another thing that requires
> > BSDSRCDIR to be set.
> >=20
> > Really, BSDSRCDIR is broken.  The source tree should not need to know
> > where it currently lives, in order to build with full capabilities.
> > Requiring that defeats use of NFS in many situations, makes moving
> > source trees harder, etc.
>=20
> What's the problem, really? It looks to me like just one more thing to
> set in /etc/mk.conf or on the command line.

You're assuming one src directory per machine. No, cgd is right: the=20
damned src tree should, somehow, find out where it is itself.

	-is
--=20
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of
   smart terminals.  -- obs@burnout.demon.co.uk (obscurity)

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP--