Subject: Re: mount*(8) linked as one binary ?
To: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ibis.cz>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/26/2000 17:09:13
dolecek@ibis.cz (Jaromír Dolecek) writes:
> This bringed the size of /sbin/mount* from 2445100 bytes down to
> 571564 bytes.  I'm appending the patch.
>
> Does this seem ok to pull into tree ?

seems not-unreasonable.  here are some comments:

* there should probably be a way to disable this, and/or to limit
the number of programs which are used in this way.  (really, it should
be possible to switch them between built-in and stand-alone, without
modifying the source tree, in my opinion.)

* it would probably be good of the change to mount/mntopts.h were
instead _generated_ from the list being built into the single binary,
into a header file which was then included.

chris