Subject: Re: airport codes.
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@tfo-consulting.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2000 14:40:05
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Richard Rauch wrote:

> > > (Side: KCI is listed as MCI in our airports file.  Technically, it is in
> > > Missouri, but I've always heard it referred to as KCI.  Dunno what they
>  [...]
> > >From http://www.mapping.com/airportcodes.html:
> >
> > 	MCI Kansas City, MO [Kansas City International Airport], USA

So what airport codes are you dealing with

KMCI - Mid Continent International in the US (ICAO airport ID)
	This is what you would use on a flight plan

Internally the US still uses MCI to mean Mid Continent International for
flight plans but will accept either.

If you want to file an ICAO flight plan the K is required.

Now there's also IATA who refer to London, Heathrow as LHR which most
travellers will know where ICAO refer to it as EGGG

Confusing eh???

Alex.