Subject: Re: How to add a support function to libc
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2000 13:55:50
I designed the function's interface; Allen did the implementation.

I'll admit to being somewhat .. vague .. on requirements for namespace
cleanliness, but as I understand it, we really need two names..  one
which avoids the user namespace so we can use this function in system
libraries, and one which avoids the implementation namespace (for use
in commands and "portable" libraries).

> (personally i'd prefer the args in opposite order -- template first,
> if you will -- but you didn't ask that.)

A reasonable suggestion; the one "example" i had to work with was
catgets, where the "template"/"default" is the last arg.

					- Bill