Subject: Re: airport codes.
To: Andrew Brown <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2000 09:48:10
Andrew Brown <> writes:
> >BTW, iirc, there is a good, technical reason to spend at least some
> >time in 'time zone related' maintenance even if you care nothing for
> >actual time zone changes: leap seconds.  the list of them comes from
> >the time zone package too, does it not?
> ah...leap seconds.

eh?  I didn't see anything at that URL that seemed particularly
relevant.  I mean, it'd be great if they actually resolve -- some time
after 2003 -- to solve the leap seconds problem in a better way... but
even that doesn't help until after 2003.

(If you were trying -- quoting the wrong URL -- to say "you can find
that information on the web," well, then not only did you fail, but
the point was, that information is necessary to have on-system in
order to properly present UTC... 8-)