Subject: Re: gettext library in gnu/usr.bin/grep
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2000 09:58:36
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

: >	we are using local gettext library in gnu/usr.bin/grep.  i believe
: >	we should not do this, and migrate to gettext supplied in libc
: >	or whatever (in the future, yes), and we should stop shipping
: >	/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/  comments?
: 	this patch should do it (may need change in etc/mtree).

This was added deliberately.  While we will move to a libc-based gettext, it
is not yet available, so using the supplies gettext was acceptable.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *