Subject: Re: airport codes.
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2000 07:13:24
> > (Side: KCI is listed as MCI in our airports file.  Technically, it is in
> > Missouri, but I've always heard it referred to as KCI.  Dunno what they
 [...]
> >From http://www.mapping.com/airportcodes.html:
>
> 	MCI Kansas City, MO [Kansas City International Airport], USA

Hm.  Perhaps just as importantly, from the same URL:

4385.  KCI Kono, Indonesia

(Although, from the comments at the top, _that_ KCI could just be a city
name, and not represent an airport...)

The Kansas City International airport does seem to refer to itself as KCI,
however, not MCI (which is really along-distance phone company; (^&).
Whether that has any meaning w.r.t. this list, I'm not sure.  (The URL
that you cite seems to really be talking about luggage tags, which isn't
necessarily the same thing.)

For amusement, see:

   http://www.kcairports.com/kci/DEFAULT.HTM

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu