Subject: Re: airport codes.
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2000 20:08:08
    Date:        Thu, 19 Oct 2000 02:27:07 -0400
    From:        Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>

  | wait...how did this start again?  oh yeah...it wasn't up to date.  how
  | about a pr from the complaining party?

Sorry people, I didn't mean to start a war ...   The "complaining party"
was me ... I didn't think this really worthy of a PR, I just noticed that
Simon was making an update to the file (from source-changes) and sent
him a private request to add the airport I happen to be going to in a
week or so...

If the consensus is to remove the whole thing, or pkgsrc it, that would
be fine (but like a few others, I quite appreciate some of the more
peripheral elements that just come shipped with NetBSD).

The one thing that shouldn't be done however is to leave it like it is.
I have just been taking a closer look - the current set of listed
airports is close to an insult.    It includes such important airports
as Schefferville, Quebec, Canada, and Asheville Regional, North Carolina, USA,
but somehow manages to omit Gatwick (London, UK), Schipol (Amsterdam, NL),
Perth (WA, AU), and many many more of much greater significance.

For now, unless someone does a pkgsrc real quick, I'd suggest that Simon
simply insert his 800KB large list and be done with it - an 800K text
file (hence highly amenable to gzip for the sets) isn't going to bother
anyone.

Then, after that if someone who feels strongly has the energy to actually
convert it to a pkg, that's fine.  Just please, don't leave it as it is.

kre