Subject: Re: airport codes.
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/18/2000 22:42:29
simonb@wasabisystems.com (Simon Burge) writes:
> We currently have a list of approximately 370 airports listed in
> /usr/share/misc/airport.  There's at least one database on the
> 'net that has over 14000 airports listed (with a rough size of
> 800kB).  Should we:
>
>   + update our airport database with all known airports?
>   + keep our list as-is (ie, what people want in there and no
>     more)?
>   + junk our list altogether because there's more complete
>     information available elsewhere?
>
> What are people's feelings on this?

last i saw, we ("NetBSD") develop an operating system and related
software.

I don't see how a list of airport codes is ... at all related to that.

looking at stuff in share/misc:

as far as i'm concerned, the following could go: birthtoken, flowers,
inter.phone, na.phone, zipcodes.

things which are only barely relevant: acrynyms, bsd-family-tree.

as far as i'm concerned, the only reason most of the games are
relevant is because they've "always" been there and for at least most
of them there's no external canonical source for them.  If somebody
wanted to rip them out and maintain them externally, I think i'd
support it.  It'd be great if they were all autoconf'd and stuff.

... but maybe mine is a bit more of an extreme point of view than you
might like.

chris