Subject: Re: bin/10985 (skel files)
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/29/2000 06:19:43
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Simon Burge wrote:
> Actually, you can set (the undocumented!) skel_dir in
> /etc/usermgmt.conf, so yes, why don't we just put everything into
> /usr/share/skel and the user can then put customised files in /etc/skel
> if they want to without fear of them getting overwritten.

I'll expect users to modify things in /usr/share/skel then, and have a
problem on the next upgrade. But I guess we can try to see of that
happens.

> It is possible for the pkgsrc version to work this way?

For pkgsrc, please put the skel files (you'll need to get them into the
pkg somehow from share/skel!) into $PREFIX/share/skel.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>