Subject: Re: Possible rc.conf / default/rc.conf enhancements...
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/23/2000 09:38:26
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Matthew Orgass wrote:

# On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
#
# > 2. Put commented-out defaults in /etc/rc.conf
#
#   This would just make it harder to update again.  It is easy enough to
# append /etc/defaults/rc.conf to /etc/rc.conf and then delete the lines you
# don't want to change.

Agreed.  A notice in rc.conf referring the admin to the original file in
/etc/default(s) is a good idea, but if we're going to put commented out
defaults in /etc/rc.conf, then the one to which it refers should be put
into an examples area someplace and not referenced via . at all.

Or we can leave it the way it is.  I like the nice uncluttered rc.conf
I have :-).

#
# Matthew Orgass
# darkstar@pgh.net