Subject: Re: Generation of html from man pages.
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/22/2000 09:05:33
On Fri Sep 22 01:55:47 2000, Phil Nelson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm starting work on getting the man pages in html form up on
> www.  I noticed that there was not "make html".  Since there
> is a -mdoc2html in the tree, I have decided to add a few
> targets to the make system.  The following patch adds the
> targets html, installhtml, cleanhtml.   None of them are
> called in any other make target.
>
>   If there objections, please speak up soon.  I'd like to
> commit theses soon.

Why are you asking here at all?

I saw no answer and you didn't wait long enough to make it possible
to write one.

I don't think it is a good idea to bloat the tree size.
We don't provide a browser with the base system and not everyone
wants the html pages.

We need at least an extra set for the html pages.
And you didn't change the mtree files.

Please stop all further changes till we had the time to discuss all
things.

I think you want to bring this onto the 1.5 branch, but we really
should take the time to discuss it and not just wait 4 hours.

Bernd