Subject: Re: /etc/default ickiness...
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/17/2000 19:26:00
On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Luke Mewburn wrote:

# What we have now is (as discussed at other times, but reiterated here
# for Greywolf's warm n fuzzies):

Actually the "warm fuzzies" were cosmetic rather than functional, i.e.

	Starting RPC daemons: rpcbind ypserv yppasswdd ypbind.

versus:

Starting rpcbind
Starting ypserv
Starting yppasswdd
Starting ypbind

As I said, it's totally cosmetic.  I've hacked around it to give it
the proper look when starting up/shutting down while still giving
meaningful output when started/stopped manually.

I need to redo the hacks for the new version.  Silly, I'm sure, but
while I'm being silly, is anyone else interested?

# So I saw the light (hi mrg! :) and tossed it.

Well, I do note that it will work if one decides to make use of it.
Thanks again for making that an option for those masochistic enough
(or IRIXized enough) to want that (even if I or others don't care for that
particular layout).

# Luke.

				--*greywolf;