Subject: Re: e2fsprogs [was: RE: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/23/2000 05:30:38
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 07:09:32PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > OK for newfs_ext2fs, if we get manuel to do the work (he's on holiday for
> > the next 1.8 weeks).
>
> Really, if I have to do something like this I'd prefer to start from newfs_ffs
> than maintain the ext2fs tools :)

Sure - don't let me stop you. 8-)

> > But will it be as easy to write resizeffs?
>
> Maybe not but I'd love to see such a tool (raidframe should allow adding disk
> to a raid array too :)
>
> Anyway I'm not sure getting a whole bunch of ext2fs tools would be that
> usefull. If you need to use ext2fs it's because you have a linux
> system near you :) Importing the ext2fs tools as a package wouldn't be
> a big work anyway.

It's already been pkgized. ;-)

Oh, and for the record: I did ask the e2fs tools' author about
re-releasing his tools under a BSD copyright when I sent the original
mail, but didn't get any answer.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!