Subject: chown -RL and -h.
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: enami tsugutomo <enami@but-b.or.jp>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/07/2000 23:30:36
Currently, our chown rejects combination of -RL and -h.  But I'd like
to allow it (in other words, accepts -RLh as if -RL; or, rephrase as
follows: all symlinks were followed and didn't encountered to symlink
except dangling symlink.  Since those dangling symlinks are initially
requested to follow, we shouldn't opretate on it).  Objections?

Since we allow other meaningless combination like -L, -R or -H without
-R, or -R without directory on the command line, just rejecting -RLh
only is inconsistient and it may not handy for script.

enami.