Subject: Re: /etc/localtime
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/02/2000 10:58:57
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 wrote:

: >>ln -s /usr/sbin/rmt ${DESTDIR}/etc/rmt
: >looks good to me.  since it's a symbolic link, the target is going to
: >be relative to where it's unpacked, like say...a distribution?  :)
: 	my question follows the same path as Todd's.  should we make
: 	/etc/rmt available even when /usr is unmounted, or can we
: 	live with dangling /etc/rmt while /usr/ is unmounted?

/etc/rmt is used by programs that do things like:

    rcmd(..., "/etc/rmt", ...);

or call rsh(1).  This is quite old, but standard for rmt, and will not be
used unless /usr is mounted anyway.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *