Subject: Re: mail user
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/06/2000 08:19:49
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Andy Doran wrote:

# Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> wrote:
#
# > On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Andy Doran wrote:
# > > Any objections to adding a generic `mail' user? The primary motivation for
# > > this at my end is that it will make the exim pkg work out-of-the-box. Also,
# >
# > If the exim pkg wants a user, make it add one.

While we're at it, why do we still have an 'ingres' user?

#
# Ok.
#
# > > I don't know anything about postfix - is there a good reason for a `postfix'
# > > user and group?
# >
# > Why? Are you proposing to have one user per service?
#
# No, just curious.

No, we already have a 'postfix' user.

You know, we seem to have two relatively useless UIDs in a stock install.
Having one for 'mail' seems to be a pretty benign request.

#

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD, Net Improvement.