Subject: Re: NIS/YP interoperability (fwd)
To: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/05/2000 19:27:33
    Brandon> I'm getting the impression that tech-userlevel is a better place for
    Brandon> this than tech-net.  I'm at my wits end here.  Since I wrote the message
    Brandon> below I've tried to configure a RedHat 6.1 box as a NIS client as well
    Brandon> with limited success.  The RH6.1 box was able to bind to the server only
    Brandon> when the server's hostname was manually specified in RH's

  I know that we have problems with a RH NIS master and a NetApp client. The
RH NIS master does not pay attention to broadcast NIS bind requests. Perhaps
they don't do broadcast as clients either.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |      ... visiting customers in San Jose.
 Personal: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="mailto:mcr@solidum.com">mcr@solidum.com</A>.