Subject: Re: libgd - missing crc32
To: None <>
From: Lucio De Re <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/05/2000 12:43:19
On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 11:39:05AM +0200, Jaromír Doleček wrote:
> Lucio De Re wrote:
> > At least under 1.3.1 - if necessary I'll try it under 1.4.2 - I seem
> > unable to use the PNG format because of a missing resolution of
> > _crc32.
> The library (or application using it) should be linked against -lz.
You know the story...  I tried again, without being aware of any change
that would make a difference, and things mysteriously came right.

There is a possible explanation, namely that for a while I forgot -
shame on me - to type the "-o b" destination, so that executing "b"
would continue to use the old, broken image.  By the time I found
the problem, I had given up trying PNG and had resorted to JPG.

Sorry everyone for the false alarm.