Subject: Re: Import of am-utils in basesrc/dist (CVS commit: basesrc)
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Tom Spindler <dogcow@redback.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/15/2000 19:21:09
> You finally found the right place to import it.
> Where is the amutils2netbsd (or what ever you name it) script for further
> imports?

Since it's finally imported correctly with the vendor branch (after
several embarassing misimports), amutils2netbsd is longer necessary.
(For that matter, I don't know if the other 2netbsd files are actually
used now, either.)

> Why do you keep the .dvi, .info and .ps files? There is an .texi file
> which can generate these files so we don't need to waste the space here.
> Hmm, there is an doc/hlfsd.ps but I can't find the source for it.
> Do we really need the files in conf which are not needed on NetBSD (e.g.
> the aix, irix .... files).

They're not needed, but having a verbatim source tree at the base
makes things easier to track, rather than having to remember what
has to be winnowed out at every vendor branch import. (note that e.g.
basesrc/dist/ntp has solaris configuration files which aren't needed,
either.)