Subject: Re: Proposed rc.d changes....
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/05/2000 14:49:59
>It's always a surprise that a previously open group would suddenly
>turn fascist.

Okay, I've stayed silent on this subject, but _this_ is rather annoying.

From my point of view, a new startup system was proposed.  Various
people made comments about it.  I fully believe that the general
consensus was that the new system was a good thing.  There were some
objections to it, but IMHO they were in the minority.  Yes, they
were particularly vocal and repeated objections, but I'm sorry ...
they were firmly in the minority, and the number of messages sent
about this topic doesn't change that.

A decision had to be made.  The decision that was choosen was in line
with what I believe most people would agree to being the general
consensus.  I don't see how that is facism.

I'm not saying that mob rule is ideal either, but IMHO most of the
arguments against the new startup system boiled down to religion; it
just so happens that the religion choosen is the more popular one.
Somebody _had_ to lose on this one.

--Ken