Subject: Re: Adding a users group to /etc/group (Was: CVS commit: basesrc)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/29/2000 23:26:20
On 29 Apr 2000, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Fine, David. Please discuss this in public for a while and get
> consensus. Don't go off doing something like this without getting some
> general sense of what people thing FIRST.

Right, and here's my 0.02EUR:
We already have groups "staff" and "guest" in there, and I think we
shouldn't add a third group like that.

I'd rather see only one ("users" would be a fine name...). I don't know
what consequences removing staff & guest e.g. have on pkgsrc, and how
people in general would like it.

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"