Subject: Re: SysV ipc and namespace issues
To: None <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/15/2000 01:00:30
"PER4MANCE, J. Dolecek" wrote:

> Simon Burge wrote:
> > SEM_CONFIG_FREEZE and SEM_CONFIG_THAW are arguments to the semconfig()
> > system call so I haven't prefixed them with underscores.  Are these
> > changes acceptable from a namespace polution POV?
>
> I'd prolly added a magic define which would cause the info to
> be exposed. It's not like the info is reguraliry needed for 3rd
> party programs, is it ?

I was trying to get away from needing a define before including the
header(s), but a random magic define (like __INTERNAL_SYSV_IPC) would
be _much_ better than _KERNEL!

I notice that when Jason did some IPC cleanup a while ago he
changed "union semun" to "union __semun".  Would you be happy if I
double-underscored names instead of controlling it with the magic
define?

Simon.