Subject: Re: "fixing" the network shutdown problems with rc.d
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/12/2000 18:00:56
[ On Tuesday, April 11, 2000 at 23:52:26 (+1000), Simon Burge wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: "fixing" the network shutdown problems with rc.d
>
> My first thought was maybe go back to the IGNORES idea I started
> with, but third party scripts already need to be modified to handle
> PROVIDES/REQUIRES, so adding shutdown handling may not be too bad.  As
> Robert Elz said, the set of scripts that actually require shutdown
> processing is quite small (typically databases).

Hopefully the PROVIDES/REQUIRES tags are *not* going to be required.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case yet (scripts with no tags
are always run first -- they should be run last instead).

It's not a major bug as long as $PREFIX/etc/rc.d stuff is always started
in a second loop after /etc/rc.d, but that's a bit of an ugly hack too.

--
							Greg A. Woods