Subject: Re: "fixing" the network shutdown problems with rc.d
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/11/2000 10:37:14
    Date:        Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:58:08 +1000
    From:        Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>

  | Having being bitten by this myself, I really wanna do
  | something to fix it.

I just sed do_rc_shotdown (or whatever it is called) to no, as I
don't run anything that actually needs to be shut down before a reboot.

  | I'll start coding this up unless anyone
  | has a better suggestion for fixing the problem.

Maybe instead of rc.shutdown running the scripts with a "stop" arg
it could run them with "shutdown", then just the few scripts
(databases and the link) that actually need to do something at
system shutdown time can have a "shutdown" case, and all the rest
can just no nothing...

kre