Subject: "fixing" the network shutdown problems with rc.d
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/11/2000 09:58:08
Folks,

I'd like to propose adding "IGNORES" line handling to rcorder, which
would tell rcorder not to output a file name at all if it a tag in the
IGNORES line matched a given argument, supplied by an -i on the command
line.  /etc/rc.shutdown would be changed so that it instead of

	files=`rcorder /etc/rc.d/*`

it does

	files=`rcorder -i shutdown /etc/rc.d/*`

and things like /etc/rc.d/network would then have:

	# PROVIDE: network
	# REQUIRE: root mountcritlocal tty ipfilter
	# IGNORES: shutdown

in them.  Having being bitten by this myself, I really wanna do
something to fix it.  I'll start coding this up unless anyone
has a better suggestion for fixing the problem.

Simon.