Subject: Re: Fwd: locale patch repository is moved.
To: MINOURA Makoto <minoura@netbsd.org>
From: PER4MANCE, J. Dolecek <jdolecek@per4mance.cz>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/31/2000 16:35:40
MINOURA Makoto wrote:

> |> In <38E37D50.DAB8A203@per4mance.cz>
> |>  "PER4MANCE, J. Dolecek" <jdolecek@per4mance.cz> wrote:
>
> > Is this really necessary (to keep the copy in crt0.o) ?
>
> I think yes, but I had to say:
>
>  - We should remain them in crt0.o, as well as in libc, to
>    keep binary compatibility for a reasonable period.  The
>    time we bump the major version of libc will be a good
>    chance to eliminate them from crt0.o

My point it - does it really break binary compatibility if
the functions would be moved to libc (and crt0.o won't
contain them at all) ? Once the program is started,
libc is already loaded, so it should not make any
difference to the application whether it get's the
functions from crt0.o or libc. Or am I too confused here ?

Jaromir