Subject: Re: openssl [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Polk <kent@tiamat.goathill.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/30/2000 23:35:37
On 30 Mar 2000 16:15:00 -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

[...]
>NetBSD-current "openssl". So we need two tests, first to see if we
>need to build the package, second to see if we need RSARef, so we can
>build the rsaref package and add -lrsaref to the libs (on a.out,
>especially). The second condition is independent of the first.

Also, it would be nice if the fetchmail package was set up to handle
ssl and rsaref.  After I built fetchmail with ssl/rsaref, I contacted
the author who added rsaref detection in the fetchmail configuration
script but it only works if librsaref is in /usr/local/lib.  I
tried to contact the fetchmail package maintainer to see what would
be the best way to handle this in the package system but didn't
get a reply.  (who should be contacted in these cases?)

Thanks