Subject: Re: more work in rc.d [was Re: rc, rc.shutdown proposed change]
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/29/2000 04:49:37
On Aug 17,  6:33am, Michael Richardson wrote:
} >>>>> "Simon" == Simon J Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au> writes:
}     Simon> No need for sarcasm.  I stopped being excited about working 24hrs
}     Simon> many years ago.  If when the poor junior bunny stuck with that
}     Simon> role rings up out of hours, I'd _much_ prefer to be able to give
}     Simon> him a one line answer than a tutorial.  He can learn it on his own
}     Simon> time.
}
}   I agree.
}   And when *I* have to be there at 4 in the morning, *I'm* much more likely
} not to screw up due to lack of caffeine.

     I'm a night-owl (look at the Date: on this message) so being there
at 4am does bother me.  Although, I usually try to do my work after
business hours and before midnight.  On the otherhand, being there at
9am does bother me :-)  Also, I don't drink coffee or smoke, etc. (i.e.
I'm not dependent on drugs to get me going).

}-- End of excerpt from Michael Richardson